Durso standpipe trying to float away

fatoldsun

Anyone have issues w/ Durso standpipe trying to float away? I have a stock AGA overflow with a stock Durso standpipe and since I changed the bulkheads it's not seating in there very well. I tried building it up a bit with some Teflon tape but that just peels off when I push it back into the bulkhead. Any suggestions to get it to sit in there more snugly? I thought about a piece of duct tape but I wasn't sure how the adhesive might break down over time. Another thought was some sand but that would be hard to control. Thanks!
-Dave

Take a few crumbs of PVC dust (filings from cuts) and use PVC glue to adhere them to the sides of the standpipe. You can sand it down if you initially go too thick.

Take a few crumbs of PVC dust (filings from cuts) and use PVC glue to adhere them to the sides of the standpipe. You can sand it down if you initially go too thick.

good idea, but I don't think the dust would be necessary...maybe just the glue would work just as well

Thanks guys. Went with a bit of glue, 2 layers. Seems to be better. I may just have to hit it a few times until it's built up enough.

Hopefully you can get it built up enough to prevent an internal leak at the bulkhead. This would drain the overflow in the event of a power failure.

Back