Dwarf Angels

infinityends

I've done reading into this already, and have found some good information. But it seemed worthwhile to see what information and responses I get back.

I have a 75g tank ready for livestock (in addition to my 90g reef, I've ben in the hobby a few years)
The 75g will be primarily used to house coral nippers and more aggressive fish that I don't want causing issues in my reef.

As I said, I have done reading on this already. But I am interested in having a number of dwarf angels in the tank. I've seen other posts where people report success with having 5 dwarf angels because at that number it is harder for a single fish to be constantly ganged up on and singled out.

With that said, I'm curious on general opinion, everyone thinking this is a terrible idea? Event though it sounds like others have had success this way in similar sized tanks.

Planned list of dwarf angels:
Flame
Coral Beauty
Potters
Lemon Peal
BiColored or Barred

I realize that regardless of others successes or failures with this plan, it is possible that a fish will go completely agro on all the others and kill them off before a pecking order stabilizes. The plan was also to QT the fish separately until I had all 5 angels and add them all to the 75 at once so that an established fish isn't defending its turf.

IMO, I would not do that in a 75 gallon tank, maybe a 300 gallon. You might could get away with it, but you will hear on RC that it is not recommended. I would maybe recommend 2 out of the bunch. I believe if there are no deaths, then you will be battling stress and parasites throughout the tank.

That is a pretty small tank for 5 dwarf angels. Do you really want to watch them kill other?

I have just spent 3 months trying to put in 2 dwarfs in a 1,500 litre tank . although I have had a good day today I spent a day flicking a towel at the tank to try and cut down the aggression (every time they attacked each other), had to turn off all pumps as they kept chasing each other onto them, fish can be very persistent with an invadour in the tank. Like you I love Angels and would have loved to have tried this , but I would hate to be the last fish dropped into the tank with all the others. If you are going to try it anyway ( I think almost everyone thinks they will be the first one to do it better than everyone else, I certainly do .lol ) make sure you have the time on that day to monitor everything a rescue rescue rescue if things go bad . I can only speak from my experience and have yet to discover what will happen when things get older and bigger, I am sure someone on here will offer advice on that.

Back