dwarf octopus??

spehhh

eddie would go
i was at my LFS today getting a mandrian to keep my 90 billion strong copepod population at bay and i saw that she had a dwarf octopus for sale. dose anyone know anything about these little guys?? i know that octopus's in general are good at escaping and are really strong,but thats it!

I don't know a lot other than you need a very secure tank... I have heard however that most dwarf octopus have a lifespan of ~1 year, less in captivity

They don't play well with other either. They will try to eat anything they can catch for the most part.

Unless you have a 100% locked up system, don't get one. These guys can morph better than a T-5000 from Terminator 2. They will find a way to get out. One video/story I've heard in the past is an octopus at a fish store would patiently wait (yeah they are smart little guys) until everyone left for the night and then find a way out of its tank and tank jump from tank to tank until it got to where it wanted to eat something it had its eye on. Then with fish in tow it would tank jump from tank to tank until it got back to it's tank. Owners didn't know what was going on so they set up a camera to video the nights and found their octopus eating the fish from across the room.

Back