DynDNS.com

matrixpb03

In Memoriam
So my IP has changed quite a few times and I finally am doing the DynDNS thing. Is all I need to do is setup a account, Download it, Make my host, And then apply it in the window on my computer? So if my IP changes I will still be able to go to mattbenne.dyndns.info?? Or do I need to do something else?

Has your IP changed since doing it? The URL works fine now but I am wondering if it will still work when the IP changes.

Many broadband routers have DynDNS capability built into them so no client application is needed on the home PCs at all.

The router config page for DynDNS just needs to take your login credentials for your DynDNS account and it will automatically update your address whenever it changes.

If you have a free DynDNS.com account, your account will automatically expire every 30 days (or some fixed interval) unless you force some kind of account activity. You should get an email a few days prior to it expiring. I just login to my account and go to modify my hostname, but just save the changes without making any actual changes. This is sufficient to "refresh" my account.

Back