e-bay powerheads

I've been using these.... Item number: 390308834683

My only complaint as someone mentioned before is the suction cup base. I switched out to magnetic bases.

i was just looking at those .. where did you get the magnetic base from and does it work .. i know i'm sick of the old suction cups

Guys,

Before you go out and buy these, please read this article. http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/fire/fire.shtml. From the article -

You are permitted to buy and install non-UL-listed devices and some popular high risk devices for our aquariums are non-UL-listed. Insurance policies sometimes have clauses in them that will limit their liability in case of a claim made in response to the failure of a non-UL-listed device. It's a lose-lose situation. You burn down your house because you buy a piece of equipment that was not put through safety testing and now your insurance won't cover your damages. Save yourself the headache, buy UL listed items only.

Besides, some of you may remember all the problems that existed with non-UL listed Rio pumps many years ago. And please do not get me started on GFCI circuits. They do not always work.

I actually got the bases from a friend of mine who had koralia's that burnt out. The peg on the magnetic base is just a little thinner but if you push it in further it sticks in nicely.

Back