earthworm looking hitch hiker?

mystikal

Hey guys and gals, got a little issue

So I came across something while I was trying to eradicate a aiptasia. The aiptasia was growing behind my palyps colony. They are on a piece of live rock (maybe 3-4") thats alone on the sand bed. I read online that I may be able to shoot some calcium on the aiptasia...So i went ahead and pulled some calcium up with my feeder and easily added behind the rock....to my suprise...this earth looking worm started going insane and rose in the middle of my palyps colony! IT LOOKED ****ED OFF

So I sucked him up with my feeder...can anyone ID this thing?

Google bristle worm. If its one of those its a very beneficial part of your cleanup crew.

definitely didn't look like a bristle worm..Its body was black like a earthworm..some parts were thicker than others, and it expanded to about 3-4" when I sucked it up

Wide or long?
C/b a peanut worm. Most all worms are good, except eunicids, which are not smooth. Most all crabs are bad. PRetty good rule of expectations.

10" or longer bristleworms are not uncommon. Generally no problem if it has bristles or is smooth. If it looks like it has legs, esp with stubby tentacles on its head, get it out. [Eunicid.] Check out google for pix of a eunicid and harmodice carunculata: those are the bad ones.

Wide or long?
C/b a peanut worm. Most all worms are good, except eunicids, which are not smooth. Most all crabs are bad. PRetty good rule of expectations.

Yep, probably a peanut worm which is a harmless scavenger.

Back