Easiest way to perform water change?

ultimate125

hey everyone, been out of the game for several years and am wondering if there's anything new out there to make it easier to do water changes? I don't care how much it costs, anything automated?
TIA

I use a dual head stenner pump works great very very reliable imo. I put the one hose by the return pump and the the other at the other end of the sump.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

You can use a controller to remotely turn on and off pumps. You'll need to decide and design how and where to set up a mixing tank and the plumbing.

I bought a 40g plastic jug and strapped it to a dolly. I threw in a Koralia powerhead, heater, and Mag 1 pump. They all plug into a 4 switch DJ power strip for easy on/off. I mix my salt water in the jug and use the mag drive to fill the tank back up.
Unfortunately, I'm still lugging 5g buckets of old tank water, but refilling the tank is a lot easier.

If you mimic this, don't fill the 40g jug to the top. 20-25g the most you'll want to try to cart around.
This model could be modified to avoid hauling water. You'd just have to run plumbing from the reservoir tank to your sump, and find some way to pull water from the tank to a drain. It should be pretty easy if you have a tank room or direct access to plumbing behind your tank.

I do (2) 1.5gal automatic water changes (AWC) daily. One at 12:00am, second at 12:00pm
55 gal container in basement with mixed new salt water (NSW) that is unheated and without a mixing pump running.

This is done by a GHL P4 controlled Maxi Doser using 2 float switches.

Back