Echo's 130 cube build

Thanks! One other question... what are you doing about magnesium?

Looking forward to more updates!

Great setup. I definitely need to learn to weld, or make friends with a welder.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

As far as the light goes, you could hang the light from the ceiling. If you raise it up a bit you'll get better coverage...not sure how that'd effect the PAR towards the bottom of the tank though.

Thanks! One other question... what are you doing about magnesium?

Looking forward to more updates!
Since mag settles and can be dosed in bigger amounts at once, I'll just do that by hand.

Looks Good! What kind of tank are you planning reef? FWOLR?.....
reef!!!!!!

Great setup. I definitely need to learn to weld, or make friends with a welder.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

As far as the light goes, you could hang the light from the ceiling. If you raise it up a bit you'll get better coverage...not sure how that'd effect the PAR towards the bottom of the tank though.

36x36x24. I was thinking that, I'll try to aquascape it around my fixture at first so the sps is closer to the light.

36x36x24. I was thinking that, I'll try to aquascape it around my fixture at first so the sps is closer to the light.

I think that at 24" you'll struggle with the 150's anyway, at least for the real light hungry stuff. So I'm not sure an extra couple of inches of the water will matter too much.

I also think, after looking at the pictures again, the coverage isn't too bad with the light on the legs. I think the cloudy water makes it look like you're not getting as good of coverage as you probably are.

I think that at 24" you'll struggle with the 150's anyway, at least for the real light hungry stuff. So I'm not sure an extra couple of inches of the water will matter too much.

I also think, after looking at the pictures again, the coverage isn't too bad with the light on the legs. I think the cloudy water makes it look like you're not getting as good of coverage as you probably are.

I had the fixture on a 70tall that was 24" of water. Should be ok as long as I don't have stuff to high towards the very front or back.

Transfer went pretty smooth till I had to find all the fish in 6" of mucky water. After many passes I found em all, includding all the shrimp. Just a few cuts on the the hand from scraping some stuff I didn't want in the new tank. I put everything in the new tank and did a little aquascaping on the next day. Still don't like it though. Is it just me or does aquascaping sound so much easier and all planned out in your head before you do it, and then just takes a 180 degree turn everytime you do it? Need to work on the back part if it. I think i'm going to have to break up the mongo orange monti.
right side
DSC02123.jpg

center
DSC02124.jpg

left side
DSC02125.jpg

DSC02133.jpg

next day after a little aquascaping
DSC02155.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Hey you have similar light set as mine. I am wanting to hang it from the ceiling, but i also want it to be able to retract upward for tank maintenance. anyone have any ideas how to make that work. I am guessing some type of pulley system with thin gauge cable but i just don't know where to start.

great looking setup so far tho

Hey you have similar light set as mine. I am wanting to hang it from the ceiling, but i also want it to be able to retract upward for tank maintenance. anyone have any ideas how to make that work. I am guessing some type of pulley system with thin gauge cable but i just don't know where to start.

great looking setup so far tho

I have never used a hanging light before, but have seen what you are talking about. Try a search for them, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. Thanks for lookin!

Got my new light setup done today. (thanks Drew) My 2x150 fixture wasn't getting the spread over the entire cube. New setup is 1 400w Radium in a Lumen Bright Wide pendant on an Ice Cap ballast. Right now I have it about 15" from the water. So far I am happy with the spread and the color. I hung it with a left over Current USA hanging kit I had never used. Just had to drill the holes bigger and make a notch like on the current fixtures. I think I'll save some money on never having to use the light over the dinner table anymore.:D Its close to the same color as my 14k's but for some reason my pictures come out better and not all blue-washed.
DSC02293.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

Back