Eco System Mini 14gal Nano

ReefnAv

Anyone have this set up? Am I the only one!!!

http://www.ecominiaquarium.com/

I won this tank in a raffle and I have yet to see one on here? I was curious to see what MODS you have done to this system and possible ideas?

So far I just upgraded the return to a MJ 900 wich seems to work well but am thinking of going to the 1200 if I run SPS.

The only challenge I have been having is trying to find a skimmer that will work for it and the fact that the built in LED's don't grow chaeto that well.... hmmm.

Any ideas, suggestions, would be helpful! TIA

I just got a 14 gal, with built-in protein skimmer, and 4x8 W T-5 lights... haven't set it up yet. But already starting to wonder if I shouldn't have gone with the MH's.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14232206#post14232206 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kgbenson
What do you think of the MH light?

Keith

The light is nice but my zoas don't "pop" w/o any actinic's. I added the 1w ked's and it's a little better...thinking of adding another...Or changing to a bluer bulb...do they make them in a 70W?

The worst problem I have been having of late is with surface skimming....There is a lot of gunk on the top of the water and trying to see a way to better circulate the water???

Any DIY'ers have any ideas???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14258092#post14258092 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefnAv
The light is nice but my zoas don't "pop" w/o any actinic's. I added the 1w led's and it's a little better...thinking of adding another...Or changing to a bluer bulb...do they make them in a 70W?

The worst problem I have been having of late is with surface skimming....There is a lot of gunk on the top of the water and trying to see a way to better circulate the water???

Any DIY'ers have any ideas???

So I take it you got the 14gal with built-in refugium? Or did you get the 14gal with built-in protein skimmer, and the skimmer just isn't working?

I'll try and remember to ask my dealer if they know of anything that'll fit when I pick up my tank. They love these little tanks.

Back