Ecosmart software or Radion not fully working!

I own AI SOLs and Pacific Sun lamps.
The AIs are versatile enough for customization of color, intensity and ramping features right off of their wired controller. The Pacific Suns are the most controllable lamps out there and also software based but no stupid USB cord to communicate with the lamp, they are Bluetooth enabled so making a change is as easy as turning on your computer or droid tablet/phone.
Both are pretty specific in terms of what you want to change or add not like the Ecotech platform and both have lunar phases which something that seemed pretty simple isn't even on this costly product.
After being pretty frustrated, I downloaded Jon's graph and went and connected the lamp to program them. Now after 1 hour of day's end, 1 lamp lights up the royal blues at maybe 15% and the other is dark. Based on Jon's graph it looks like at 12 am, it should be at 0% so why one lamp lights up and not the other or both not being at 0% is why I feel this is harder then it should be for a supposedly well thought out lamp. Even better is last night I did the import and programing to the lamp and noticed that one panel of one lamp had some faintly lit blue emitters on but after playing with these all day I called it a night. Went to work and came back to see both lamps looking evenly lit and somewhat satisfied with the color and intensity of Jon's graph but the one that is lit up after midnight just makes me want to get rid of these lights.
Sorry for the rant :)

Pecan2phat's post sounds strangely familiar. The standard answer of "call support", or "mine works fine" is often thrown around, but doesn't seem to work for pecan2phat, the OP, myself and many others. This forum is filled with threads from users that have issues. Either the problems are not resolved, or the posters do not share any information after their problem has been fixed. It would be nice to see Ecotech work on fixing the existing bugs rather than pump out a new light for nearly a grand.

Why does it have to been one or the other? You can both research and develop a new light while working on squashing the bugs. It is not one guy sitting the dark having to decide between building new or fixing old. The problem with forums is that you usually only hear the bad.

Why does it have to been one or the other? You can both research and develop a new light while working on squashing the bugs. It is not one guy sitting the dark having to decide between building new or fixing old. The problem with forums is that you usually only hear the bad.

Both would be great!!!! Where are the bug fixes?? The new light is coming out, but not software fixes. Why???? Probably because one makes money and the other does not. :) The only thing worse than hearing negative reviews on forums is hearing fanboys that ignore real life actual problems with the product. It would be great to hear some advice on fixing the bugs rather than say "call service" or "mine works". Neither is helpful as they are obvious.

I own AI SOLs and Pacific Sun lamps.
The AIs are versatile enough for customization of color, intensity and ramping features right off of their wired controller. The Pacific Suns are the most controllable lamps out there and also software based but no stupid USB cord to communicate with the lamp, they are Bluetooth enabled so making a change is as easy as turning on your computer or droid tablet/phone.
Both are pretty specific in terms of what you want to change or add not like the Ecotech platform and both have lunar phases which something that seemed pretty simple isn't even on this costly product.
After being pretty frustrated, I downloaded Jon's graph and went and connected the lamp to program them. Now after 1 hour of day's end, 1 lamp lights up the royal blues at maybe 15% and the other is dark. Based on Jon's graph it looks like at 12 am, it should be at 0% so why one lamp lights up and not the other or both not being at 0% is why I feel this is harder then it should be for a supposedly well thought out lamp. Even better is last night I did the import and programing to the lamp and noticed that one panel of one lamp had some faintly lit blue emitters on but after playing with these all day I called it a night. Went to work and came back to see both lamps looking evenly lit and somewhat satisfied with the color and intensity of Jon's graph but the one that is lit up after midnight just makes me want to get rid of these lights.
Sorry for the rant :)

did you calibrate the lights? I had a similar issue which calibrating took care of.

Can you walk me through the steps a bit in terms of:
Does each lamp need to be connected via USB or can I highlight the one that is connected wirelessly for the calibration individually when the other one is via USB?

I just setup a pair of Radions that I had replaced from AIs and I hate the cumbersome, confusing and difficult software of these lamps.
They are not working correctly program wise and I spent 8 hours playing with these.
I need to sell these and just go back to the AIs which were simple and a delight.

Told you the software was a pain! Not only is it cumbersome and confusing, its also extremely buggy.

Can you walk me through the steps a bit in terms of:
Does each lamp need to be connected via USB or can I highlight the one that is connected wirelessly for the calibration individually when the other one is via USB?

I work better when I read instructions off paper so I printed out the EcoSmart Config Utility Software manual. I would think each lamp needs to connected separately. Great bonding project if you have kids.

Okay, figured it out. You can calibrate when one is communicating wirelessly to the USB connected lamp and that seems to have corrected the uneven output of light during night mode.
Thanks to all.
Krazy Karl had mentioned that hitting the identify button will see if the lights are communicating via flashing and that seems to be working now whereas they did not previously. Still a little buggy on the software but at least I have my pair working to a degree that I'll stop complaining now :)

Great to know that it kinda worked for you pecan2phat. One of my radion just got fried couple days ago. The power supply was beeping for a while then popped with a little smoke coming out of the vents causing the fixture to get limited to just green led for some reason. I am returning to the retailer for exchange. Hopefully ill get a new one soon... Before my corals go white/brown...

Mrmole,
Sorry to hear about your lamp.
One of our local club members found his lamp actually smoking one day right before heading out to work, he shut it down before anything worse happened and had it replaced by the manufacturer.
Hopefully you'll get your replacement sooner then later.

Back