EcoTech Marine VorTech

If you don't think your gonna get a second pump, just get the regular es. You could always just pick up the Rf module later if needed.

Hey, I have an mp10 on my 40 gal breeder that I run at about 50% through my apex. It will produce plenty of flow for your 40 cube by itself!

I like having 2 in my 60 cube. If you think you may have the need for a second get the wireless now.

Hey, I have an mp10 on my 40 gal breeder that I run at about 50% through my apex. It will produce plenty of flow for your 40 cube by itself!

Same here. MP10w on a 30RL. "” Lots of flow. I can get the water moving in a 1-2" standing wave. Only reason I went for the w was that I was planning on using an APEX with an WXM module. It's definitely worth it, I've got my apex set up with 2 feed modes: 1 for fish, 1 for inverts / corals. The 2nd one sets the MP10 into nutrient transport mode for 30 minutes, and the skimmer off for a total of 60 mins.

No troll here. Just speaking from experience. Less noise, less money and equal performance.

Less noise, obviously. One pump is completely underwater (muffles quite a bit of sound) and doesn't transfer power from the outside of your tank to the small internal wetside which produces noise. Less money, once again no brainer. Jabao are made in China by Chinese laborers with cheaper, less reliable materials from designs they re-purposed (Tunze) not engineered from scratch.

Less money is probably where I would have ended that post as saying they have equal performance is just plain wrong, regardless of whether you use Jabao, Ecotech, a combination of both, or none, to think that a product that has been on the market for about 1.5 years which such a drastically lower cost/higher failure rate/completely different operating structure as a Vortech. I have yet to come across any market, reef tanks or otherwise where you can buy something for 8 times cheaper than another product and get a better product. Perhaps I am just a foolish consumer by thinking you generally get what you pay for. From what I understand, Jabao's produce narrow, strong flows from pumps that are ran with the motor inside the tank. Vortechs produce broad, strong flows that eliminate the need for aiming powerheads around. When it comes to cheap Chinese goods, especially ones that haven't been out nearly long enough to determine any type of longevity, I'd rather err on the side of caution with ending up with some stray voltage from the Jabao.

I could care less about a wire in the tank.

Looks horrendous to me, especially on small tanks where real estate is limited. I'd rather have as little of the pump inside the tank as possible and look at my fish and corals, not 4" long Chinese powerheads with black powercords hanging out of the tank.

If you can swing the extra cost, go for it. I bought two of the non wireless ones to run on my 30g cube. They worked great. Now I upgraded to a 93g cube and I'm using two MP40s and a radion. I'd like to add one of my MP10s to the mix but it's not wireless.

Sure, I can upgrade it to the wireless version with the chip but I wish I would have just got the wireless one in the first place. It's not a big deal either way but it's nice when it's time to upgrade.

Great choice with the vortechs. They're awesome pumps. Don't let these other guys talk you out of it.

I have a pair of MP10wes on a 60 cube. Excellent pumps! They provide the cube with a very good flow arrangement. I like the ability to easily adjust flow parameters. I plan on a pair of MP40s along with the Reeflink for my larger 90, and I will be able to control both tanks once done.

Sincerely,

David

Back