Eheim 1262 cracked....

TrojanScott

just bought this pump from Dr. Foster & Smith. The casing on the back of the pump is cracked. I think it's just cosmetic. This part of the pump is the part that is removable, and covers the siliconed area where the cord comes from.

Should I just glue it and forget it? Or return it?

IMHO, return it. Sure it'll be a little PITA but if there are any issues w/the pump while under warranty, the crack will raise more questions and potential headaches for you to explain. Unfortunately, the owness will be on you to prove that it was delivered in that state.

You never know, if you tell tham that it was quite an inconvenience. they might do something to compensate you for to keep your business.

JM2C.

Mine also came through that way. It seems they need to improve their packaging. I needed it and just used it.

sjm817, any issues with it? If I push the plastic together, it seems almost seamless. A little crazy glue would probably fix it, and I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with water proofing it.
I should just return it, but yes, a PITA, and if they were to say it wasn't that way when it left, well, I'd probably go off and it's not worth it.

Its just cosmetic. It does not affect operation. I bought it from Premium Aquatics and I'm sure they would have exchanged it no questions asked. I was putting the new sump in that day and didn't want to wait for an exchange.

Can you post a pic?

Back