Eheim Jager Question

Nick30G

Hey,
I bought two 100W Eheim Jager heaters, Which i planned on putting my my refigium of my 10 gallon sump. The height of the refigium is going to be 7 inches. Only to discover that i come up 0.5-1 inch short of the minimum water line listed on the heater. Is it ok if I ran the heater just barley below that minimum water line? I mean the heating element is fully submerged? I cannot get it any lower in the tank due to the space constraints on the 10 gallon sump. Since its in the fuge it has no chance of running dry either.

The Jager's have dry running protection so it can't hurt to try. I'm not sure how sensitive that sensor is, but I don't think an 1" or so will trigger it.

Why not just angle them a bit?

Will they not fit laying horizontally either? If you have a full height overflow on your tank, keeping them there works too.

I dont have a full height overflow. I already did angle them but since my fuge section is not very big i cannot angle them any further. To give you an idea the fuge chamber will be 9Lx10Wx7H. The heater is almost 12 inches long. This is at a 45 Degree angle on the baffles. I was not worried about the running dry protection more worried about it maybe failing.

I might be able to put them in my overflow drain section as well with my skimmer, But it will reduce the size of my fuge. Note I havent not glued my baffles in yet. The skimmer chamber is 8 inches tall so it will be at the minimum water line for the heater.

Back