Elections 2020

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
We are looking to elect a new Vice President and a new Member at Large.

Just so you know what to expect here are some basic duties of BOD members:

President:
Overall responsible for all actions of the club; Primary organizer of swaps, pizza nights, and other events; Should delegate as much responsibility to other BOD members as possible but in the end, "œthe buck stops here."

Vice President:
Responsible for learning the behind the scenes functions of the club in preparation to take over as President; Assists the current President with the planning and execution of club events

Treasurer:
Responsible for all things "œmoney and membership" related; Issues membership cards and ensures financial ledger is maintained; Handles any issues relating to legal/financial paperwork and filings; Maintain as a annually renewed position to provide some continuity to the club and avoid several legal and financial issues; The outgoing President and MAL should "œvote" for the current Treasurer year after year unless the Treasurer's performance sucks or they wish to quit; The position should be backfilled by a responsible past or present board member if at all possible.

Secretary:
Described basically as a record keeper in the bylaws but in reality the Treasurer handles most of these duties; This is a general voting BOD position

Member-at-Large:
Described as a tie-breaker vote in the bylaws and little else; However, this position has developed over time to become a "œnew membership ambassador" of sorts

All Board Members:
The responsibilities outlined above could be delegated to any BOD if necessary. All officers should stay regularly involved with the functions of the club, voice opinions, throw out ideas, and help organize events. Many hands make light work and initiative by every officer is key to the club's success.

Voting will take place June 7th-14th. Nominate who you're interested in serving SLASH. Please verify with any potential nominee that they are able and willing to serve.

I seem to have a ton of time on my hands. I could help out but probably not in a serious official capacity. Possibly make the member I'd cards if that's a thing anymore or try to track the member benefit loaner items or the cdp?

I seem to have a ton of time on my hands. I could help out but probably not in a serious official capacity. Possibly make the member I'd cards if that's a thing anymore or try to track the member benefit loaner items or the cdp?

Welcome aboard, I plan on scheduling some sort of small social gathering for those interested in helping, lookin at early June as places start opening up. It wouldn't be a requirement, just a good kick start for the club. Please PM me your name, number and I will add it to my contacts after texting you back with my info.

-rams

I 2nd this nomination.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Agreed!

Voting will take place June 7th-14th. Nominate who you're interested in serving SLASH. Please verify with any potential nominee that they are able and willing to serve.

I can't find the election thread on the .org. Did I miss out on voting?

I can't find the election thread on the .org. Did I miss out on voting?

There was 1 nomination for VP/P - Nanook & 1 nomination for MAL - Mr D Smack in this thread.

On a personal note the regular folks are still talking in the background making things happen. As places are opening up, looking to schedule some small gathering to get people talking face to face. Yes a club needs to have an active board, but I believe clubs are more successful with those regulars jumping in volunteering, having a good time getting together in person.

I was really hoping someone would have jumped in to serve on this thread, as it is now you're stuck with Smack and Nook:lol:

I was really hoping someone would have jumped in to serve on this thread, as it is now you're stuck with Smack and Nook:lol:

177a43f34b6b965cad1dc7e44a72383f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw my name in the hat early on in the thread... guess I'm not slash material lol

I threw my name in the hat early on in the thread... guess I'm not slash material lol

What do you want to be put in for?

VP/P - 2 year commitment
Member At Large - 1 year commitment

I can nominate you after you decide.

Back