Electric Blue Adventure!

Dastank

Premium Member
A few weeks ago, when Dana was visiting from Tokyo he and I went out and collected some clean up crew for my tanks. About a day after I had added some hermits to my tank I realized that I had one Electric Blue Hermit Crab. I had never had one so I was taken by the bright blue color. Of course a day later I had an Electric Blue carcass in my tank.

I decided to find more of those Electric Blue Hermits and replace the few hermits I have with the beautiful ones. Over the next few weeks I collected a bucket full of hermits and sorted through all of them for hours to find NONE!

With further determination to find the ever elusive Electric Blue, I continued out to the reef to find them. I think I figured out the trick to getting them, I got four more today. Here's what I've found out:

They are usually right out near the edge of the reef at low tide.

They are really shy, and it takes them a while to open up and show you those pretty blue legs.

They are usually alone on the reef. All the electric Blues I've found have been all by themselves, without another hermit in sight.

They seem to like the pyramid shaped shells. So far all but one of them has that kind of house.

ElectricBlue002.gif

ElectricBlue004.gif

I'm not really into hermit crabs and I don't know if you want any, but I though I would share.

I've got one for you if you want it Frank. You can consider it payment for the zoo cleaning!

whoo hoo! Sweet! man, i feel like since ive lived in my new place, I haven't had time to do anything! Its been about 3 weeks since I did my last water change!

Back