Electric Supplier Generation Choices

Yes, Karen, the Mxenergy savings is miniscule. Our UI rate is 11.9 cents for generation alone. The MX energy rate is 11.8 cents so you'd only save 0.1 cents (1/10th a penny) per killowatt of electricity used meaning approximately if your bill was like Jeff's ($400+ per month) you would save about $2 or so per month. The Levco deal is better because you're saving 0.4 cents based on their new rates for August 1st of 11.52 cents per killowatt hour. This would save you about $8-$9 per month. Not much savings, but like Jeff said its a simple matter of filling out the form and submitting it and nothing more to save that money.

Well, this is really wierd. I just got off the phone with someone at Levco and they quoted me 10.69 cents per killowatt hour. I guess this price fluctuates daily? I'm definitely subscribing especially if Its now 1.2 cents cheaper per killowatt hour.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10566395#post10566395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ctreefer
Well, this is really wierd. I just got off the phone with someone at Levco and they quoted me 10.69 cents per killowatt hour. I guess this price fluctuates daily? I'm definitely subscribing especially if Its now 1.2 cents cheaper per killowatt hour.

So is this a fluctuating rate month to month? Or do you lock in at the current rate when you sign up for a certain length of time? This whole thing is confusing. Jeffs letter posted above says 10.97 and now they're telling you 10.69.

I am locked in at 10.97 cents. They must have a different rate worked out for UI customers because they have more competition down there.

Scott, Jeff, I'm not sure if its a floating rate till you lock in or if its a different rate for UI customers. He did say that the rate you receive is fixed until the end of the year.

Back