Elos Biotopus ll controller comments

mmfish

Anyone have any experience with this expensive controller and does it merit the cost for ease of use or capabilities?

Unless you won the lottery and have money you don't know what to do with-don't waste your money. It's marked up like 400%. Get the RKE if you want a really good controller. Much better price and it crazy expandable

they are a lot of controllers that do just as much and for 1/8 of the price

Ac3
RkE
to name 2

It's the only controller with electronics not assembled in China.It is all manufactured in Italy including the circuit boards. This obvious increases the cost.

That explains part of why its so expensive.

I second an RKE. Its the best controller for the money, period.

Brandon

Wow... that is impressive. And you're right, A LOT like the RKE. Under $500... nice.

Anyone know when it is supposed to come out?

Brandon

I'm not sure. The most I could find out is that it is "supposed to hit retail shelves soon" and that the "basic package" will run $500. I was leaning towards the RKE before I seen this a week or so ago.

Me too, Jason. Now I'm going to pause... I'm still leaning toward the RKE, but we'll see what info is given soon enough. :)

Brandon

I am surprise Profilux is not mention as much.

Profilux has tons of more features then both of those two controllers.
Their support is the best, being that they sell worldwide, they have the biggest customer base.

When you upgrade the Profilux, you only need to pay for the board itself, they do not force you to buy a new head unit.

The new Profilux III is coming soon, and being that I am Profilux II owner, I will be able to upgrade to the P3 at a discount because they appreciate current customer by rewarding them.

Just my 2-cent.

BTW, they got nice sales going on now.

Edit: I found this on RC, I am too lazy list them here, lol.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1617221

Last edited:
Same price of an RKE? You are not looking at the Aquatronica I bought then! :D I actually sold my Aquatronica used for the same price as an RKE, net module, and an extra PC4 NEW!

The big thing is expansion. Expansion on Profilux and Aquatronicas is EXPENSIVE.

Brandon

The RKE is very expandable, also, the RKE w/ the net module and all of the other goodies is only $590, not to mention it has two more outlets standard with it than the Profilux does. Isn't the Profilux Ethernet expansion card something like $200? Every little thing that you want to add to the Profilux seems to run like $200-$300. The wireless expansion card is nearly $400.

You can get Profilux II with a lan card for about $630, the RKE Elite cost about $599.99.

Your misleading if your saying the RKE Elite comes with everything, it does not.
The base model RKE Elite cost like $500 without the net card.
Once you start adding the cost, the Profilux is a much better deal with all the things you can do or add.

Bottom line, Profilux can handle more tasks and has more functions then the RKE Elite.
And that is without Profilux III being out yet.

The RKE is $590 w/LAN. The profilux is nearly $700 W/LAN and with two less outlets. The RKE is very expandable and the expansion modules cost quite a bit less than the Profilux expansion modules.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14806298#post14806298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jtrasap
The RKE is $590 w/LAN. The profilux is nearly $700 W/LAN and with two less outlets. The RKE is very expandable and the expansion modules cost quite a bit less than the Profilux expansion modules.

Progressivereef has them listed for $641.23 for the Profilux and LAN.

I would pay the extra $50 and 2 less sockets for a better controller.

Back