Emperor Angel Feeding Question

supervdl

I have a juvenile Emperor Angel in QT - about 3 inches long and with full juvenile colors. In the store, fish was eating frozen food well. The first day he picked on some frozen brine, but since then has been almost entirely eating live whiteworms. How do I get him to eat other things? Do I have to be just patient? Tried the half clam too and didn't go for it.

Fish seems otherwise fine. Swims around nicely and not shy comes out when I show up in front of the tank. Three days ago the poop appeared to be a little white and I dose some PraziPro just in case but otherwise no signs of illness etc. Just have to get him to eat other things....

PE Mysis, Spirulina Brine, Larry's Reef Frenzy for food. All I do is Prazi Pro dip, and then FW dip before going in QT tank. Some believe Prazi Pro slows fishes appetite?

try Larry's Reef Frenzy, esp the blend with black worms, herb blend next, but they are all great.
let it thaw and break it up in the water column with your fingers..

I can't stop mine from eating, he eats everything, including everything he shouldn't, like my corals for instance. I would stop feeding anything, give it a couple of days and start feeding whatever you want him to eat going forwards.
Like everything in life, we all eat the yummy things and turn our noses up at the sensible things, be tough with him, or he will own you. LoL.

I can't stop mine from eating, he eats everything, including everything he shouldn't, like my corals for instance. I would stop feeding anything, give it a couple of days and start feeding whatever you want him to eat going forwards.
Like everything in life, we all eat the yummy things and turn our noses up at the sensible things, be tough with him, or he will own you. LoL.

OK I will try to be tough with him - sounds like scenes of a marriage :strange:

Back