Energy Bars

rdnyva

So I'm plugging along with my ancient Apex Lite. It does what I want and need so I figure why fix what ain't broke.

So now they come out with the new Cor-15 return pump and I like it enough to buy one. Even says it's compatible with any Apex. But then I see my EB8s may need to be upgraded to Eb832. So my question is - can I use my EB8s with the Cor-15 or will I have to upgrade my energy bars? And if I upgrade to an EB832 will my Lite work with it or have to go to a Junior.

True it will work with any Apex, but I think you missed the OR part.
You either need an EB832 or 1 Link.

From Neptune's web site:

COMPATIBLE WITH EVERY APEX

All COR pump models are fully compatible with every Apex system on the market. Simply connect the COR-15 pump driver to any available 1Link port on your Apex system – either an Energy Bar 832 or a 1Link module. It’s that easy!

The alternative is to buy the COR20 (same pump) but comes with a power supply. This will work without a 1Link.

COMPATIBLE WITH EVERY APEX

All COR pump models are fully compatible with every Apex system on the market. Simply connect the COR pump driver to any available AquaBus connection on your Apex system and then run the setup task in Apex Fusion. It’s that easy!

You need the 1Link module to operate it from your Apex. The reason it works with the new energy bar is because it has the 24v outlets on it. A new EB832 energy bar will not work with your Apex lite or any Apex other than the new one for that matter.

Or.......Get a COR-20 instead and you won't need to worry about it. You can plug it directly to AC power and then use an aquabus to connect to your APex lite.

I’m still not clear on this. If I plugged a Cor-20 into my EB8 would I be able to control it through fusion. Specifically I’d like to control the pump speed/flow to slow down during feeding and water changes.

I'm still not clear on this. If I plugged a Cor-20 into my EB8 would I be able to control it through fusion. Specifically I'd like to control the pump speed/flow to slow down during feeding and water changes.

Yes, the only difference between the COR-15 and COR-20 is that the COR-20 comes with it's own power supply and the COR-15 requires either a 1Link or EB823. The COR-20 would plug into the wall, then content to your Apex with an AQUABUS cable just like any other module for control.

Back