enough flow? 1 tunze wavebox for 125 gallon, 6 ft long perfecto

nxma14

Do I need another powerhead for a SPS coral tank or will the wavebox be enough. If so will the tunze wavebox controller work with a tunze powerhead? Thank you.

the wavebox will just rock the water back and forth. You'll need some additional powerheads to provide a linear flow to circulate the water. The wavebox controller won't be able to control another tunze powerhead. You'll either need a single or multicontroller for a tunze stream. Well, I guess you don't need... but you'll want one.

Re: enough flow? 1 tunze wavebox for 125 gallon, 6 ft long perfecto

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9814898#post9814898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nxma14
Do I need another powerhead for a SPS coral tank or will the wavebox be enough. If so will the tunze wavebox controller work with a tunze powerhead? Thank you.

get 2 or 3 of the Koralias (# 3 or #4) - #3 are 850gph; #4 are 1,250gph - I use (3) #4s and that gives me 3, 750 gph of flow, while only using about 36w total electricity... and the total cost was less than 150 dollars... you can't beat that combo of flow, efficiency AND price (Tunze comes close but they do cost more)
In any event you will need ALOT of flow for SPS

Back