Enough is enough NOW!

Sheol

Ya know my false perc hosting in the Xenia & green mushrooms was cute, at first. Even when she used to peck at my fingers it was kinda funny. Well, not anymore. The little demon has found vulnerable spots on my hands to BITE. (ie, between fingers, behind knuckles..) and it actually hurts. Tried to bait her today with the old algae sponge. Moderate success there. Still got a few bites.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I know I'm not the only one that has it before.
Oh well, at least it isn't a maroon clown!

Sincerely,
Matthew :confused:

Nope. Don't be surprised if they start drawing blood as they get bigger. There isn't a way to stop this because they are defending their territory.

My little Perc. clown does the same thing. It is a relentless attacker. I can't wait for it to get bigger! I try chasing him off with a net. All my fish hate nets.

mine does the same thing, he chases me and i chase him, its kinda funny. it does get annoying when you have to do work near their home and he bites you out of nowhere

My cinnamon clown just took to my Xenia also. I hope he doesn't start biting me like my blue damsel use too. If he does start biting me he is too cute to stay mad at.

I think the solution is to not put your hands in the tank. :) Or get some some long rubber gloves, which is a good idea anyway.

...Hmm, oh yeah the net. She wasn't real wild about moving day last year. It might work.
I enen inquired about getting some reef gloves at the LFS this AM. No luck there. Guess I'll find a dive shop, since I don't have mine anymore.
It is cute, but it hurts. Oh and makes cleaning the glass twice as long a chore. I know it cannot be stopped, I'm just interested in mounting a good defense that doesn't involve retreating with the algae scrapper between my legs! LOL.

Matthew.
Opps edit.,. EVEN

LOL. My biter actually was a Maroon. She found her way back to the LFS after 3 years of pretending my fingers had Oscar Mayer written on them.

We used to have a false perc. that would attack every time you put your hand near the water. In fact, it would swim so fast up from the bottom, that several times it actually jumped out of the tank trying to attack my husband. I forget how many times we had to pick that thing up off the floor, only to be attacked next time we had to do something in the tank. One time we also rescued it from a very interested kitty cat who thought the flopping fish on the floor was a neat toy. The nasty little sucker finally lost the war to a powerhead that the guard fell off of. He was sucked up into it(probably while trying to attack something). Don't really miss that fish too much.

She is FAST, I'll give her that. Oh and the murder of her mate..
No, this is defending the "anemones" in the tank. Its all sweetness & begging at breakfast and dinner though..

Matthew

My Gold Stripe Maroon likes to bite so I invested in long rubber gloves. He still bites, but the gloves give a lot of protection.

My maroon is a sweetheart. . .well, for the most part. At least she doesn't attack me. . .yet.

Back