Eradicating Pests

Jarred1

Hello,

I have a reef tank that currently has red bugs and red planaria flat worms. I am going to take care of these two pests over the next few weeks, I do have a few questions before I begin my pest killing spree. I will be treating the tank with Interceptor and for the flat worms I will be using FWE. My first question is will the interceptor kill the red planaria flat worms? Should I treat for the two species at separate times? Will this kill my emerald crabs or my snails? How should I trap the snails and crabs?

Any other things I should look out for that I didn't mention?

Thanks in advance,
Jarred

Hello,

I have a reef tank that currently has red bugs and red planaria flat worms. I am going to take care of these two pests over the next few weeks, I do have a few questions before I begin my pest killing spree. I will be treating the tank with Interceptor and for the flat worms I will be using FWE. My first question is will the interceptor kill the red planaria flat worms? Should I treat for the two species at separate times? Will this kill my emerald crabs or my snails? How should I trap the snails and crabs?

Any other things I should look out for that I didn't mention?

Thanks in advance,
Jarred

I highly recommend treating for each pest separately. I'd probably treat for the Red Bugs first. Yes, it is going to likely kill all your crabs (should only affect crustaceans...not snails) so you should consider removing as many as you can. Once you are done treating for them I'd probably wait a couple weeks and focus on the Red Planaria. Siphon as many out of the tank as possible before treating and follow the instructions closely when using the FWE. Definitely keep some freshly made SW and carbon ready to go in case of an emergency.

Back