ETSS Skimmer Club!

:fish1: Hi, the ETSS is a far superior skimmer to the Eshopps skimmer, yes you need a high pressure pump, but this is what makes the skimmer so good. :fish1:

I have said it before and will say it again: nothing skims like it and nothing is as tinker-free. If the space needs and power use are doable there is no reason to go another route.

Find the large (1.5" I think it is) bioballs. Somewhere in this thread will tell you how many you will need.

So I've never done this before. Today I removed the elbow that connects the hose to my panworld pump, and contains the air intake....the entire top assembly... And acid washed it.

Wow.

If you have not done this or its been a year or more, do it.

But first run hot running water through it to remove as much baked in salt as you can, and do it again after. You will be shocked at how much comes out.

Well, after 5 years anyway it was A LOT!

Last edited:
I used a Mag9 on my Sump Buddy 40 (still have it, don't use it). I think the Mag 10 would work with SB60. I don't have any experience with the SB 60 or a Mag 10, but the Mag 9 provided plenty of turnover for my SB40.

Does anyone have a large-ish ETSS lying around unused? I need to replace/redo the assembly that injects the water into the tower. Best I can tell the black piece with he air intake hole is glued in....so looking to buy that assembly from someone.

Too bad this dinosaur finally went extinct..They were good skimmers back in the day..

Well there are plenty out there and no meshwheel or needlewheel comes close to my ETSS. Took some risk and hard work but managed to disassemble the pieces and rebuild. Better than ever!

I still run mine. I've a basement sump so lots of room. Successful tank that I started in 1993, it's undergone A LOT of changes. the one piece that has never changed is the ETS.

Sad I gotta break the tank down soon. (Remolding the room.) But I get to set up a new tank once finished.

bringing this back from the graveyard..... I have a 2500 model with a spare injector head for sale in NJ if any one is interested.

I know this may be stretch since this thread hasn't been active in awhile, but does anyone have a picture or can take a picture of the 1.5in bioballs in the downdraft? I am trying to find replacements. Thanks in advance.

Back