Euroreef rs180 replacment pump

Slayer311

So I came accross a ER rs180 skimmer body with a failed pump for a great price. What replacement pump should I use, what do you think would work best?

if you look an ER web site...you will find an replacment pump for the 180. what size tank do you have?

There in lies the problem, ER is once again having issues and has outsources their pump sales to a new website that is not completed yet, and no pump is offered for the ER rs180. I have a 180g with 75g sump reef setup currently running an octo extreme 200. It rocks, but was toying with the idea of running a 2nd skimmer in sump to see what it can do as well :) I got the rs180 for next to nothing :)

I'd try the bubble blaster 3000 or 5000 if you aren't afraid of spending a little bit since you got the skimmer cheap

Well, the BB i think would be a bit of a pricey upgrade, but I was thinking of maybe a sicce 2500 or a sedra 9000/15000 or gen-x 6000, any opionions on which would be best, all around $100 so works for me.

i ran the 5000 mesh modded on mine a while back but some would say the genx is better. only thing is the 5000 sedra is quieter in my opinion.

and the sicci ... good pump just finicky starters in my opinion..

I would call/email euroreef, they may even give you a better price on the replacement pump as there is some level of a warrenty on it.

euroreef now uses eheim pumps for the most part, I upgrade my sedras on mine, to the tune of about 330$ each, but they are real quiet and very effective. give em a call.

I had a problem reaching them awhile back. They will suggest you buy one of their pump. It's pricey and they replace the genx w/ ecoplus pump. The needlewheel is different then the regular needlewheel. You are going to spend close to $200 for their pump.

Back