evaporation

im guessing minimal if the temperature stays under the tank temperature, all other things equal? ex tank 78. room between 55 and 70.

Water vapor will try to follow heat flow so keeping a room cooler than a system will tend to increase evaporation as the heat from the tank disapates into the room. Overall humidity is a variable as well as temperature mentioned by Mcgyver

In addition to temperature and humidity, mine seems to evaporate much more dependent on powerhead locations . I have one constantly agitating the water's surface. Prior to adding this one evaporation was far less.

In addition to temperature and humidity, mine seems to evaporate much more dependent on powerhead locations . I have one constantly agitating the water's surface. Prior to adding this one evaporation was far less.

This happens for exactly the same reason doing this improves oxygenation of the water - you disturb the laminar layer of air above the water. Without agitation that layer of air stays comparatively moist reducing evaporation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back