Ever accidentally dropped something into your aquarium?

I have not dropped anything in a while, but I did put a zoa frag about the size of a nickel with 2 heads on the sand and a little later it was gone.My shrimp/goby used it for part of there tunneling, took me a while, but I found it. I now have it on a frag rack and it has 6 heads.

My two girls (2 and 3) had put some Christmas tree decorations in my aquarium. They know how to share the magic of Christmas.

:fun5:

2 led fixture fell in my 60gal, don't how it fell in, or for how long it sat in my tank, but all i know is, everything bleached. even my xenia, thought those things were bullet proof. well that happened months ago and 93% of everything recovered.

I had a Pyrex measuring cup sitting ontop of my light fixture that fell in. Must have landed perfectly on a rock cause it shattered into a million pieces. That was fun getting out of the tank.

I honestly thought Pyrex was a lot tougher than that. Didn't think it would fall fast enough underwater to shatter on impact.

I have an eel and I have a top held by two bricks and one fell in and took out a rock I was afraid I lost my entire tank

pyrex? wow. I've dropped one of those right on a ceramic tiled floor and nothing happened. It hit at such and angle that is should have broken. You must have had it land on the only weak point in its construction. It'll make a neat story too: "You'll never guess how I broke one of these!" Impressive, if you think about it.

A rat. Though I didn't drop it in, it drowned on its own. The rat bait makes them go for water, which is supposed to be outside. :(

That was 35 years ago. There have been plenty of stupid slips since though.

Jeff

a freshwater fish. it slipped off my hand accidentally and fell into my saltwater aquarium. my lionfish got to it before I did. :(

I also dropped a light fixture into the tank. My hands were in the tank and it was plugged in and turned on. I had a second of "oh sh!t" and then got my hands out. No shock and the fish didn't seem to notice. Lucky i guess.

My daughter thought that tomato clowns ate tomato soup. She dumped a full bowl in the tank. Well a few water changes and all was well. But that is what happens when you turn your back to a 3 year old with a chair next to the tank.

lol yeah..

it stayed on for like 30secs after it was out of the tank and died.. put it on ebay, stating what happened.. still sold for 100 bucks lol.

oh yeah, didnt effect tank whatsoever.. i dont see why it would have though.

Same thing to me, except mine still works. I had a big bag of the moisture eating beads (like in shoe boxes) that I threw the phone in for a few days. Screen is a little f'ed up though.

If you drop electronics in I have heard the best thing to do is. Take the battery out and soak in freshwater. If the salt dries in the device then new electrical paths can form in the wrong places. If the battery is in these paths can damage something. Just a thought.

But speaking of which - nobody has dropped an automatic fish feeder in. I have about 10 times never quite sank. Take it apart and rinse in fresh - it did finally die. Feeder 2 has been dunked 3 times :)

Yeah, turn it off ASAP and take the battery out, then dunk it in fresh water. RODI would be your best bet. I wouldn't soak it or let it sit. Then put it in a bag of rice or moisture beads and leave it off for a few days. Trying to turn it on before it's dried out will cause problems.

besides the usual

yesterday I dropped a glas in there, which broke part of my Euro brace .... :S

I wish my GF did it so I could blame her :S LOL

Back