Everything must go (landlord): 105 Straphire tank / 2 Frag tanks-more

MammothReefer

My Landlord wants to redo all the flooring the house and isn't giving me a lot of time. I can either relocate the tank a bunch of times and reset it up or tear down. I've given it a lot of thought and ever since the big crash when I moved tanks things just haven't been the same.. so it's time for me to take a break.

I'm not looking to part things out but if you want to split it with your buddies that works to.

The tank and everything is located in Mammoth Lakes, CA but I can deliver if needed to SoCal, Bay Area, Reno, or Vegas. (for additional cost).

What you get.. Well everything. The tank has a variety of "named SPS" (huge piece of ultimate rainbow and a good chunk of greg's efflo, as well as some aussie sps, it has a few enchinos ("named") purchased from reef raft, montis & porites, some softies clove polyps, shrooms, leather w/green polyps, lots of random LPS/SPS that I don't recall the names of, Rose BTA's (the bright smaller ones w/blotches that used to cost $$$). I have no pests (outside of some algae). SPS are mostly frags or mini colonies.

Note* Some acros are on the mend due to a bulb breaking.

Fish include 2 yellow tangs, a mating pair of black & whites, some rhomboidalis wrasses (were 3 but they hide a lot), a huge starkii damsels, borbonius, tilefish, another pair of mating clowns (in frag tank), copper band, various cardinal fish, orange and blue linkia, and some mini gobies/blennies.

Equipment wise.

Main Tank -106 gallon Strafire glass, euro braced. 42"x28"x21"and the sump is 30x2'x18 It is setup currently as a peninsula but the overflow is in the corner. (NOTE: Tank does have scratching it is visible, previous owner got some rocks between a cleaner.. doesn't bother me, may bother you)

Stand Custom made: Opens on either side (4 doors all removable) the hood has 2 little panels or "gull wings" open for more access (Very nice).

Frag Tank 1: 3x2x18 internal oveflow w/a custom open metal stand
Frag Tank 2: 2x2x18 or 16 (acrylic) with external overflow (cool stand alone tank), and a wooden open stand.

Extra tanks 29 gallon standard and 20 gallon long.

Equipment.
Pumps
2 MP40w
2 Mp10w
2 Tunze (with apex hook up) (I think 6085 need to check)
2 Tunze nano Moded
Various other random pumps for mixing or running things mostly MJ1200s.

Skimmer: SRO XP-2000 Cone

Lighting DT: 250W 20K SE Radium metal halide in Luminarc Minis and a Bluewave ballast x2 (Bulbs less then a month old)

Lighting FT: 250w 20K SE Radium Full size Luminarc. Lumintek switchable eballast.

Extra lighting (not in use): various 250w DE & 150w DE pedant setups with t5, small LED setup (was over a nano) and I believe their is a spare luminarc.

4 BRS Dosing pumps (and multiple spare pumps 1.1/1.5), and 2 BRS Top off pumps (1 spare 50)

Controllers: 1 Apex with 1xEC8 and 1 AC JR 2x DC8 (probes and what not as well)
Top off: JBJ (and BRS doser).
RO/DI: Air Water Ice Typhoon III w/booster pump
Heating & Cooling: 2x 300W Ebo Jager (also have new and spare heaters), JBJ Artic Chiller 1/4 HP, fans.

Misc: BRS 2x Chamber Carbon/ROWA, Eheim 1262, tons of plumping, test kits (electronic & salifert), supplements, salts, 2 part, GFO, carbon, pest control, spare bulbs, 2x auto feeders, pellet reactor. I pretty much just have piles of equipment from dozens of tanks in the garage.

I'm looking for 1400.00 OBO (But would love it gone this weekend, so I am motivated and open to offers or possible trades for non-reef related items PM/OR Call to discuss as it's OOT). These fish and coral have been with me for years so I'd love to see it go to an experienced reefer (or returning reefer).

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to see any specific pictures.

Mammoth is 5 Hours north of LA, and around 4:30 hours east of the Bay Area, or West of Vegas, and 2:30 south of Reno.

Note: these photos are older most of this coral is no longer in the tank they are just to show the tank.

(Photos with doors removed)
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Chiller
original.jpg

Hood w/Pendants
original.jpg

Frag tank (different frags now)
fragtank.jpg

I'll update pictures of the tank when the lights come on (and I clean up some algae ha)

Last edited:
Tank now

Doors open:

large.jpg

Closed
large.jpg

Frag Tank & Other side
large.jpg

Dosers
large.jpg

Ballasts
large.jpg

Frag tank
large.jpg

RO DI & 2 Part stock
large.jpg

Test kits, spare parts, fragging equipment, supplements etc..
large.jpg

Spare Frag tank & stand
large.jpg

Enough boxes to start your own store
large.jpg

Last edited:
SOLD- Thanks guys!

Very bitter sweet, although I do have some corals & fish that I treasure (it took me half a decade to get my hands on Greg's efflo and it's doing rather well). It's been hard for me to maintain the same level of enthusiasm I once had -after the big transfer crash of my 67 to this tank. Between that, a change in how much I travel for my job, and now pressure from my landlord It just seemed like it's time. Thanks for all the PM's & support.

Last edited:
Back