Evokid's SCA 45 Custom Build

evokid511

so I've been in the hobby for as long as I can remember but haven't had nice tank to be proud of set up in a long time :( so as I was debating on just settling and setting up a IM40 but really did not want an AIO again, I needed a nice set up and since the custom bug had but me and its been a while since I busted out the tools I bit the bullet and decided to go for it... having done a lot of research on the SC Aquariums I picked up the 45 gallon and went from there... I had previously built the stand for a different route I was going to go so was limited on the dimensions of the tank so largest I could go was the 45... my first step was to get the sump designed, I wanted a red and white build so as you'll see I picked up some red and clear acrylic and modeled my sump after a Trigger system, but changed the dimensions to fit my stand better... I finally got everything finished up today and started plumbing it in, nothing has been glued in place yet so pardon the angles if they are not perfectly straight haha they will be when it is finalized :) enjoy and let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations

Equipment list:

Hydra 26
Bubble Magnus Curve 5 Skimmer
Jebao 9000 Return Pump
Jebao DP-4 Dosing Pump
Jebao PP-8 Wavemaker x2
Cobalt NeoTherm 200w Heater
TurboTwist 6x UV Sterilizer
AquaMaxx XS Reactors

Custom Stand

Starting to assemble the sump :)

Getting to some color!!

I forgot to take a better pic of the adjustable baffle and sponge holder but here is the top

Getting there ( you can kind of see the baffles

Passed a leak test

All wrapped and it was also a sign to enjoy a nice ver

Just seeing how the skimmer and pump would look

Ditched the stock black screws and picked up some red ones

And so the plumbing starts

Mocking up the drain ( will be straight and white fittings )

Reactor Manifold

Reactors in place

Reactor drain partially run and return line mocked up

thats all for now folks... will be updating on Monday

Back