Evolution hobby

FragarioDoNorte

My name is Carlos Mota and I've been in this hobby for about 8 years.
It's been quite a journey and what started as an simple hobby for me transformed into something quite important in my life.

Current Tank:

It started in January 2010 with a "œlittle" modification of my sitting room wall:

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Not recommended to anyone with less than 15 years of marriage!

The tank is 250cm X 80cm x 70cm with 19mm glass. Front glass is low iron glass:

DSC_1915copy.jpg

DSC_1919copy.jpg

DSC_1920copy.jpg

Custom made stand:

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

The layout was set with reef branches. I wanted a clean layout for the water to flow as freely as possible.

DSC_1938copy.jpg

DSC_1939copy.jpg

DSC_1941copy.jpg

DSC_1942copy.jpg

As a result there was lots of room for corals and for fish to swim!

DSC_1964-2copy.jpg

DSC_2056copy.jpg

DSC_2254copy.jpg

DSC_2253copy.jpg

Carlos, that is an excellent tank. I really like the large group of pseudanthias. Would you tell us a bit more about your aquarium: its dimensions, your operating schedule and maintenance practices, your sump and equipment, and lighting, etc. ?

Thx,

Dave.M

Carlos, that is an excellent tank. I really like the large group of pseudanthias. Would you tell us a bit more about your aquarium: its dimensions, your operating schedule and maintenance practices, your sump and equipment, and lighting, etc. ?

Thx,

Dave.M

Dimensions were:

The tank is 250cm X 80cm x 70cm with 19mm glass. Front glass is low iron glass:

wow! I really like your choice of live rock and have your coral fill in the gaps. Im sure your fish appreciate it.

very nice looking tank!!

My new tank is going to be in-wall just like yours, We're debating the rockwork right now, any chance of a full tank shot showing the entire wall now that everythings grown in???

Thx,

Dave.M

Thank you Dave!
Details in a second!

So the sump is set in my basement underneath the living room:

IMG_9884copy.jpg

IMG_9893copy.jpg

Skimmer is a Royal Exclusive 500 DeLuxe External:

IMG_9886copy.jpg

Deltec Calcium Reactor and Deltec reactors with Biopelets, Siporax and Activated Carbon:

IMG_9896.jpg

IMG_9895copy.jpg

IMG_9889copy.jpg

Main Pump TMC 9.5m3/h:

IMG_9890copy.jpg

IMG_9892copy.jpg

Grotech ABC:

IMG_9888copy.jpg

Profilux Plus II:

IMG_9887copy.jpg

Back