Experiences with Polleni Grouper?

I've seen them in the fishstore, and saw one fed (they eat whatever can fit in its mouth), they are comparable to a miniatus grouper for all their characteristics

I have one now and it is very simular to a Miniatus Grouper.I have had others as well and it seems as though a lot of them develop or have swim bladder problems.The one I have now came from a reputable wholesaler in LA and it has had a swim bladder problem ever since I first recieved him, he eats well , he just has to stay under a rock to keep from floating to the surface.But because of this his fins and scales are not the prettiest.If I had a choice afain to get another i would pass do to the high cost of this fish and the swim badder problems i have had with several, I would instead buy a Red Sea Miniatus Grouper a more striking fish in my opinion.Leave the Polleni's to there deep water reefs!!!!!!

I bought 2, and they both died. No more. Leave them in the ocean. They live in deep-water caves, and don't do well in aquariums.

Thanks for the advice! I am trying to stop myself from buying one, so the more "reverse encouragement" I can get the better.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10664673#post10664673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefer334
I have had others as well and it seems as though a lot of them develop or have swim bladder problems.

Sounds like they are not being properly decompressed :(

OK thank you all, the one on divers den i was looking at sold. That was close. Why do I want all the expensive fish I shouldnt keep?

From your gallery......

16268514-inch-Louti-Grouper.jpg

Back