External Pump repair

TonyB13

So Like a Dumb a$$ i cranked down on my pump housing and cracked the out let on my Hammerhead reeflo, ordered a new one got it and now i am trying to put the new face plate that I broke back on. so when I took the face plate off i noticed that on the O ring there seems to be some sort of sealant like white silicone aquarium sealer type of material. I cant find any place on their website or on line videos that says that I should use any thing like that anyone have any ideas.
Thnaks

Attachments

• 20161207_175817_resized.jpg
    20161207_175817_resized.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20161207_175823_resized.jpg
    20161207_175823_resized.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
It may just be a silicone lubricant. I use it on all o-rings. You can pick it up in the plumbing section of hardware stores.

But its like hard and rubbery and stuck to the gasket

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I have the hammerhead/barracuda hybrid and took it apart for cleaning. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if it has the same as yours.

Is the ring on the motor side or the replacement front? If on the motor side, I would just put some lubricant on it. The ring will compress when the face is bolted nack on.

If on the face plate, you may have to gently work it to release it. Most of the rings are fairly durable as long as they are not stretched. Then I would lube it and place it in the face plate.

Thanks ky jelly works right ;) on the serious side i saw that on a thread

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

so far so good she holding, i did use plumbers pipe dope instead of Teflon tape on the fittings on manufacturers recommendation and ky on the gasket and it slipped right in:)

Back