Extra Saturated Kalk?

Reporting back.

Reporting back.

Ok I’m in day 5 of using the extra saturated kalk in my ATO and have not had any type of bacterial bloom from the extra carbon source. I would think it would have happen by now. Is this a correct assumption?

The Cal. is holding steady (sweet) but I’m still using about 1dKH of Alk. per day. Does this sound normal?

Congrats again disc1.:beer:

P.S. My corals are smiling at me like I'm doing somthing right.

Last edited:
The Cal. is holding steady (sweet) but I'm still using about 1dKH of Alk. per day. Does this sound normal?

You were using 1 dKH before you started and now you are still using 1 dKH?

If so, I would not necessarily expect an increase in the alk demand, unless perhaps the acetate stimulates coral growth.

The Cal. is holding steady (sweet) but I'm still using about 1dKH of Alk. per day. Does this sound normal?

You were using 1 dKH before you started and now you are still using 1 dKH?

If so, I would not necessarily expect an increase in the alk demand, unless perhaps the acetate stimulates coral growth.

It appears that's what I was using before I started the kalk about 1dKH per day. The only difference I see thus far is that I'm not adding Cal. like before.

I assume your alk level dropped before you started this and needed additional supplementation. Have you needed to add any alk since?

I assume your alk level dropped before you started this and needed additional supplementation. Have you needed to add any alk since?

Yes, alot.

10-3-11 is when I started the xsatruated kalk and had Alk. at 9.

10-6-11 drop to 6.4 dose back to 9.

10-8-11 drop to 7.1 dose back to 9.

Cal. is steady.

I have alot of SPS and LPS in the tank. Monti's are growing fast. Just trying to figure out how I can come up whit something that cuts down on manual dosing.

I'll start checking into dose pumps if need be. Tank will be 1 year old on the 20 of the month.

Attachments

• 10-8-11-1.jpg
    10-8-11-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes I think the bacterial bloom would have happened by now if it were going to happen.

Back