Extruded Aluminum locally?

Smite

I'm starting to plan my light rack for my upgrade. I'd like to frame it out with extruded aluminum but the shipping is very expensive.

Is there anywhere locally that sells extruded aluminum channel? Like 80/20 inc type.

Thanks,

Matt

8020 is nice for their free consulting but after you figure it all out and you make changes it takes about 10 days to ship the order. I have been waiting for some brackets for my coral care lights. the wait is killing me.

8020 is nice for their free consulting but after you figure it all out and you make changes it takes about 10 days to ship the order. I have been waiting for some brackets for my coral care lights. the wait is killing me.

I used them for a smaller project on my 100g and I do remember the wait seemed long. This was going to be a good amount of material and I just couldn't justify the cost after shipping. It got way out of hand :lolspin:

I've simplified my design a bit to cut down on hardware/hinges. Someone pointed me to a seller on CL in hermosa beach. I may check that out, even if its just the t-slot lengths that'll be great. I think that's what jacked the shipping price up so much.

Matt, try F and L. They are in San Diego, it's a bit of a trek, but at least you can order online and pick in SD. I'm thinking about ordering from them, but need to find out if they have the black anodized version of the bar size I want. Give them a call and see if they do local pickup. I'm going to call them Monday myself.
https://f-l-8020-store.myshopify.com/

Hey Matt,

How many pieces do you need? I’m pretty sure I have some in the garage.

Matt, try F and L. They are in San Diego, it's a bit of a trek, but at least you can order online and pick in SD. I'm thinking about ordering from them, but need to find out if they have the black anodized version of the bar size I want. Give them a call and see if they do local pickup. I'm going to call them Monday myself.
https://f-l-8020-store.myshopify.com/

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Gene for the win! I know he has a couple long pieces, a few 24" and handful of 12" pieces. All 10 series.

orange aluminum is in LA. they don't have black. i painted mine with plastidip spray paint but the black is definitely better

Gene for the win! I know he has a couple long pieces, a few 24" and handful of 12" pieces. All 10 series.

Yup! Had the pleasure of meeting Gene today. Thanks again man, it's gonna work perfect amd saved me shipping.

Thanks for the suggestions and input everyone. Happy reefing

Yup! Had the pleasure of meeting Gene today. Thanks again man, it's gonna work perfect amd saved me shipping.

Thanks for the suggestions and input everyone. Happy reefing

That's great! Yeah, Gene is great and has been one of my reefing buddies for a long time.

Back