Fail Safe heater

Eugenious

I had a heater vilolenty explode yeaterday along with the 3 gallon jug of water it was heating.

Thank God ot was not in my tank!!

I have the same type of preset glass heater in my tank and want to replace it ASAP!

I am willing to spend some money to acjieve the following in a heating system.

1. Zero percent chance of boiling my fish
2. Zero percent chance of a violent explosion. (Non glass)
3. Wifi notification in case of failure or temperature drop.
4. Dual probe, corrosion proof temp monitors

I do have a ground spike so I am not as concerned about a short occuring.

Thanks so much in advance! I am sure there are lot's of good articles archived I just have a hard time searching this massive forum.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Not glass means Titanium, Finnex is 1 brand but you need a controller or have to buy theirs @ time of purchase.
ALWAYS a good idea for a heater to have a back up controller, just in case.
The rest ??
BRS has a heater & controller all in one for sale also. Don't know the details.

Besides the controller backup make sure the heater is digital not analog, and slightly more watts then the min for your complete water volume. Less moving parts mean less chance of failure. Ive had 2 heaters in the past fail & both were analog, have not had any issues with digital ever since. Also when warming water i place the heater in the bucket & always allow it a min of a 1/2 hour to become same temp as the water that will minamize any chance of exploding due to temp shock when its turned on. Don't know if you knew this so figure id mention.

Thanks for the great tips!

I ordered a inkbird 2 probe contrler as suggested and a 200 watt titanum element for a 29 gallon tank.

I saw a recommendation to replace the controller every year or so which I may consider.

That glass bomb Ihad before was probably 10 years old... No wonder it blew up.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Back