Fairy Wrasse aggression

emmabrown

Hi Guys
first time poster long time reader
I have a Red Sea 350 with a 3 wrasses tangs, clowns - 1 duff angel, 3 cardinals - 2 damsels and some other fish - everything is going good and healthy in the tank with little to know aggression until today.

so in the tank for almost 6-8 months I had a pin tail and a Labout's Fairy Wrasse , mystery wrasse and six line - I want on vacation 2 months ago and the person feeding my fish did not put the cover on correctly and the pin tail jumped
Today I had the opportunity to replace my pin tail with a very nice one. when I put him in the tank the Labout's Fairy Wrasse went crazy and started to chase the new pin tail all over to the point the pin tail was in the top corner by the power head - if he moved the Labout's went right back at it.
the pin tail is now in the acclamation box to see if this will help

what I don't understand is the Labout's Fairy Wrasse lived fine with the old pin tail - why is it chasing the new one
dont know if this matters but the new pin tail is about the same size as the Labout's. the old one was a bit smaller

should I go ands buy a new fairy wrasse to split up the aggression or will that not do anything

I would still like to add 1-2 more wrasses from this list as well as a gobby or 2

Lineatus Fairy Wrasse - male
Rhomboid Golden Fairy Wrasse - Male
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse - male

but now I dont know with the aggression from the Labout's

please help

I would give the Pintail a few days in the acclimation box to let it strengthen up and let the Labout get used to seeing it. After you release the Pintail, if the Labout is still acting aggressive try catching and putting it in the acclimation box for a few days. If it’s still acting aggressive after that, you may have to just give the Labout a few days to “work it out” with the Pintail. There’s a small chance the two will never get along, so may have to choose between keeping one or the other.

Adding more Wrasses may spread out the aggression, but there’s no guarantee the Labout will let the Pintail lead a happy life. Labout aren’t supposed to be too aggressive, but some individuals are just jerks. Good luck.

I've only every experienced agression from one fairy wrasse and it was a yellow flank. For the most part it left everyone alone, but would occasionally be flashing like a warning to the other fish in the tank.

Also be wary of the mystery we rasse and six line. Both are very aggressive fish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back