Fake Anemones

mvreef

Has anyone had any experience with fake anemones?

Since my tank is still young at 5 months, I know it won't support an anemone. Ideally, I'd like to add a RBTA down the road.

I have read that there is no guarantee clowns will host in fake anemones, but I thought it might be worth a shot until I can add my RBTA. I would think that once the clowns host in the anemone, I won't be able to remove it to encourage them to make "house" in the RBTA.

Or what other options are out there for hosting? Feather dusters?

I've heard of and seen pictures of clowns with soft corals and LPS.
I would'nt think a clown and LPS would turn out to well,
with the hard skeleton.
Clowns can get a little rough on the host.and love them to much.

I've seen them host toadstools, which are really easy to care for, even in a new tank... if they do though, they may stay there if you add nem later.. of course, you run the same risk with them deciding to host a powerhead(they do that too)

fake anenomes

fake anenomes

I lost my anenome and now my 3 clowns go from mostly the green frilly or hairy mushrooms, the torch ,and the frogspawn. I recommend the Hairy mushrooms for your fake anenome although it is a type of anenome. They grow and reproduce very easily...Happy Reefing.!!!:beer:

captive raised clowns will host anything probably including a fake/rubber anemone. My two currently go back and forth from my goniopora and large hairy shroom. They leave my rainbow BTA alone.

Back