fastest way to cycle?

cudamaster13

i was wondering wat would the fastest way to cycle a 150 gallon tank the tank will have alot of live rock mainly tukani rock with fiji and indo premium both live and dry as base rock but will also have live sand as well as sand from my smaller setup the filteration will be a refugium with a decent sized skimmer i will also be adding a powerhead with a built in sponge filter that is from my other tank and might put hermits in it to help cycle but with the above wat is the fastest way to cycle?

If most of your sand and rock are from an existing tank, it might cycle very quick. Try to get as much bacteria into the tank from an existing tank as possible, that will help the process out a lot.

There are also cycle additives available at some LFS or online that are supposed to cycle a tank in like a day.

Steve

No matter what the cycle has to happen. Sometimes it is a slow process, sometimes a very quick process. Before you are thinking about it cycling understand and know the nitrogen cycle to better understand the cycle. Best advice is to start with live sand, lots of cured LR, and add a refugium. Also its best to add some starter fish like chromis just to start the cycle easiest. Add some food day by day in order to produce ammonia so that the bacteria will begin to break it down from there. Once you notice nitrites to diminish and nitrates start to form its a good indication that the tank will be ready in a couple of days to 1 week.

No matter what the cycle has to happen. Sometimes it is a slow process, sometimes a very quick process. Before you are thinking about it cycling understand and know the nitrogen cycle to better understand the cycle. Best advice is to start with live sand, lots of cured LR, and add a refugium. Also its best to add some starter fish like chromis just to start the cycle easiest. Add some food day by day in order to produce ammonia so that the bacteria will begin to break it down from there. Once you notice nitrites to diminish and nitrates start to form its a good indication that the tank will be ready in a couple of days to 1 week.

wat types of chromis would not be very aggressive towards three 4-5inch archers,and one yellowtang im not too worried about my grouper and moray,snails and hermits would any hawaiian varients work?

Back