Favourite fish poll.

Favourite fish poll.

• Total voters
I love unusual fish, if i could i would purchase something like a tripod fish or a chimaera, but those fish are not for sale and personally I hope they never are. For your average tank fish, I enjoy eels, triggers, frogfish and everything that makes you think.

I have to admit I'm a wrasse man

I have a couple wrasses and they all are so full of personality and add a lot of movement and curiosity to the tank. They are smart little guys too, not to mention the pest control.

Here are my wrasses

Melanurus Wrasse (Halichoeres Melanurus)
Eight Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus octotaenia) Definatly a brat :)
Solaris Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus Solorensis)
Yellow Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus).

The common as dirt Yellow Wrasse. They are common for a reason! Pretty, easy, packed with just enough personality and any 2 will form a tight pair if bought young enough. You get the full wild life experience with these fish in almost any size tank.

I also love the fact that they are so mild mannered....untill someone tries to pick on them. They can really hold their ground but only if they are provoked. Mine are spawning often and even then they don't bother anyone that isn't bothering them. They also defend eachother in my tank which I find just so....AWWWW! My female clown snapped at my tiny female wrasse and the male went apeshit on the clown. :)

Best fish EVER! Avaliable everywhere for 5 bucks.

I voted Angels...

All time favorite is the Blue Face

I'll never have a tank big enough to keep one, but they're beautiful.

My next fave is the Potters...may try one someday.

Flame angel. Do not have one- and likely havent for 20 years, but it was the fish that caused me to get serious about marine tanks. Still catch my eye anytime I see one.

Everyone is feeding a very active troll. Check his thread history.

Why would this be trolling? I did check his history and there is a few "too lazy to use google" threads but nothing that I would call trolling. As a matter of fact I don't think I have come across it at all on RC. I do wonder sometimes though when the Tang police show up....

Good moderating?

Most of us being too old to bother with that sort of crap?

Or a combination of both probably. :)

It's difficult to choose but...
Antennarius maculatus (Warty Frogfish, Clown frogfish) and O. vulgaris octopus.
I see angler was listed but then I'd be choosing one over the other : (

My all time favorite fish, not my favorite species is a Skunk Clown I have had for years named Bossie the Sea Cow; however she is more like and old dog.

My favorite speces is the Conspicuous Angelfish, always the top prize of any collector by far. Sadly I no longer have one in my collection and may never again as my office tank has been broke down and pieced out. But I have a friend in Houston who now is happy to own it and my wallet was happy for him to own it as well.

Hard to beat the blennys for character, tailspot and algae especially. Saying that i'm a huge wrasse fan and they get my vote for movement and colour.

Back