Feather Duster Dropping "Feathers"

TaiChiPlayer

I recently moved my 24 gal aquapod setup into a 65 gal tank. During the course of the move I lost 3 feather dusters. Once things stabilized (several weeks) I added 3 more. Yesterday one of them had dropped its "feathers". I have a yellow tang and a flame angel in the tank but I haven't seen either picking on them.

Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

The stress of the move could have caused it. Featherdusters will lose their crown when they are stressed. The crown will grow back. You will probably see the tip of the worm poking out of the end of the tube.

Any idea what time frame that may take? Should I try and target feed it while it is (possibly) regenerating?

Thanks for the help!

Mine took around a month to fully grow back once and another thime it took even longer. Both times it was just fine.
Are you sure the others were dead? I thought one of mine was but never removed it and it actually crawled under the sand and moved to another location roughly 6-8" away after 3 months.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9244897#post9244897 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TaiChiPlayer
Any idea what time frame that may take? Should I try and target feed it while it is (possibly) regenerating?

Thanks for the help!

It will all depend on your water conditions for the regrowth. If you can see its head maybe you could target feed it, but i dont know how much it will catch as thats what the crown is for. I guess it wouldnt hurt to try, but i wouldnt do too much it may just bother him.

Back