February 20th 2016 meeting -Florida / Hawaii Fish Collection and Mystery SWAP

Tweakes182

February 20th 2016 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Will have a topic on collecting your own fish and inverts in Hawaii and Florida. We have several members that have done this in the past also lots of first hand info and experiences.

MARS will also be hosting a Mystery Swap.

-How it works bring 1 to 5 Frags max any kind of container or bag works but please nothing that leaks. Put your name and Reef Central Handle and what is on the container.
- We will seperate corals out by type SPS, LPS, Zoa, etc we will number them all then based on the number of corals you brought and type we will draw numbers and you will take home a different coral than you brought.

Depending interest and commitments from people we will be buying additional corals to add to the table.

Cost will be $20 to participate. You will take home at least one more frag maybe more than what you bring. If we do not purchase extra corals cost will be less.

Chris
MARS Vp

Looking forward to seeing you guys/gals there.

Hello Reefers,

REMINDER this year 2016 MARS Board has made the decision to go to BI-MONTHLY meetings on the THIRD Saturday of the month
***** 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM*****. The location as of now will stay the same. Dates and location below.

!!!!!! At the request of fellow reefers we are attempting to still do something in every month. Just not always lecture topics or speakers.

Jan 23rd - Equipment Swap @ Your Reef

Feb 20th - Fish Collection in Hawaii/Florida & Mystery Swap @ Roundtable

Mar Date TBA - Chico Frag Swap carpool

Apr 16th - Picnic Day Party in Davis

May Date TBD - TBA

Jun 18th - Tank Automation @ Roundtable

Jul Date TBD - MARS Frag Swap

Aug 20th - Coral/Fish Pests and Diseases @ Roundtable

Sep Date TBD - MACNA and homemaking fish food

Oct 15th - Emergency Mitigation + Highlights from MACNA + elections @ Roundtable @ Roundtable

Nov 5th - Local Store Tour (Your Reef, Aqua Life, Aqua Works)

Dec 17th - Christmas Party @ Roundtable

Roundtable
9500-1 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 989-1133

We are going to attempt to still have some events on OFF months example this month used gear swap. We are also planning a few tank tours, store tours both around Sacramento and out of the area and more. I will post an additional thread soon with more information on this years topics and other possible events.

Also wanted to encourgae those who would like to go. The 916 Reef Facebook group will be having an event on the same day as us. We unfortunately were not able to combine events at the last minute but in the future we plan to.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1710696619144067/?ref=4&action_history=null

Saturday, February 20 at 10 AM - 2 PM.

7800 North Antelope Road.

This event will be to come together under one roof, chat, sell, trade and enjoy each others company. There will be raffle prizes and food to purchase. Members are encouraged to bring their frag tanks to display and sell out of. There will also be a used and new equipment section to sell from. All of our sponsors will have booths set up. This social is open to other clubs. Come one come all!

Well, this will be the first meeting that I will be missing. :( I have to leave town to go pick up my mother and bring her back to California. However, the meeting does sound like it would be fun.

Well, this will be the first meeting that I will be missing. :( I have to leave town to go pick up my mother and bring her back to California. However, the meeting does sound like it would be fun.

Bummer to hear. We will miss your energetic positive attitude. Will your wife be able to come?

Back