February Meeting

Bri Guy

Well, its less than a month away I thought id get this started, the February meeting will be on 2-16-08 starting at 3? or around there.

Since im in to chemistry I thought we could have a "testing" meeting, we can all bring samples of our water and a test kit, and so we can get a good picture of where our levels are at, or get some things tested that we don't have kits for.

I have a test kits for Ca, Alk, P04, N02, N03, Phosphate, salinity, and pH.

I will send my address to anybody who is interested in coming Im not going to post it, LMK if your coming or bringing somebody with so I can get a head count, my place is kinda small.

I have a 30 reef, 55 FOWLR, and a couple of FW and amphibian tankx to look at.

heres a peak (new pic with 250w MH!)

P1193859.jpg

I will have food and refreshments, but feel free to bring something to pass. Hope to see you all here!

Brian

Bri Guy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11648110#post11648110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by siropa
bri, that pic doesn't do your tank justice. It looks quite nice in person.

Thankx for the complement, and since when do pics give a tank justice?

customcolor

i would love to see your 30 but we will pass. had to sacrofice 1 to go to f&s.

p.s. i cant spell half the time naeather

labrec06

cant wait to see it and i will bring a double batch of brownies :D !!!! we have a silcate and mag test kits tooo

ReeferAl

Premium Member
I should be able to make it. I can bring my spectrophotometer which can do very good phosphate tests. I also use it for nitrate, although the test kits aren't bad for that.

Allen

MSU Fan

Nice choice of date (my b-day!), so we'll be there.

Allen, I can't wait to see how bad my water is for phosphates... :rolleyes:

siropa

unless my wife is hatching offspring #2 that day i'll be there. I too want to see what my phosphate level is compared to my test kit.

Bri Guy

Looks like we should have a good turn out so far!

Great Al, bring it, and anybody else that has some cool/fancy testing equipment, bring that too.

Does anybody have a test kit for Copper, Iron, or Iodine?

Im sure most of us have the basics for testing, just not some of the odd ball kits.

btw, at my meeting there is going to be a Reefkeeping Quiz and the highest score gets a frag!!

KevChem

I think I have a complete copper kit and an iron kit around the lab - I'll check into it. I'll also look into iodine testing and see if I can "DIY" a kit.

Unfortunately my AA and GFAAS systems (for metals analysis) are not "portable".

Not sure if I can make it to the meeting, but it is on my agenda.

Kevin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11656778#post11656778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bri Guy
Looks like we should have a good turn out so far!

Great Al, bring it, and anybody else that has some cool/fancy testing equipment, bring that too.

Does anybody have a test kit for Copper, Iron, or Iodine?

Im sure most of us have the basics for testing, just not some of the odd ball kits.

btw, at my meeting there is going to be a Reefkeeping Quiz and the highest score gets a frag!!

Bri Guy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11657029#post11657029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by siropa
kenya tree? :D

No, there actually Goochters, but I can make an exception for you :)

siropa

awesome! the 189 pieces I have in my tank aren't quite enough :D

i'm going to have to start trying to kill those little f'ers one of these days, but I fear the horse is already too far out of the barn.

what is Goochters?

Bri Guy

Ive got the free TDS they were giving away awhile back, not sure on its accuracy, but it does show my RO/DI at 0-2 and my tap between 75-150, so it works somewhat.