Feeding a Queen Angelfish

Pike614

Hi,
I just got a Queen Angelfish, Adult about 5" or so, on Thursday. I did a 2 hour drip acclimation, and it has not yet shown any interest in food. Looks perfectly healthy! I have offered sponge, fresh oysters, nori, mysis, krill, brine shrimp...is it normal for them to take a while before they begin eating? It swims around without even showing interest in it!!
Any information will help!
Thanks!

Did you witness him eating at LFS??? If so what were they feeding him?? Also its not uncommon for fish to not eat on their first day in a new tank. I also think 2 hour acclimation is way to long. That water probably got pretty cold while you were acclimating. Just give him a few hours or a day before you worry.

I bought him from an online retailer, so I did not get a chance to see him eating. They said he was eating oysters...so I tried them first. My acclimation system in in my sump (a 150 g tank) so temp was not an issue....I was not concerned yesterday...but now that we're into the 3rd day without eating, I am a little concerned.

my queen eats everthing including pellets.mine is 2 in. ive heard the bigger the harder to get started. try live brine if you havent already

thanks Tom, might have to try that.....wanted a small one but they sent a big one!! Also an adult...juveniles seem to be easier too. It is one awesome fish, wish he'd eat!!!

Back