Feeding Aggressive fish

wannareef1

Let me start by saying, I've had triggers, lions before and had no problems what so ever in feeding, I got out of the aquarium setup a few years back and decide to get back into it, so I just set up a 135g tank/ 2 corner overflows, asm g2 skimmer, 55g sump/refugium, with Live rock and Live sand, I found a gentleman that was shuting down his tank and bought a few of his fish from him plus a few others from LFS, of course not all at ones, here's a list of what I have:

1, Clown tigger 8"
2, naso Tang 7"
3, Black lion 11"
4, red lion 6"
5, Niger triger 3"
6, white tail trigger 4"
7, snow flake eel 10"
8 yellow bellied puffer 8"

The problem I'm having is the Clown trigger is starting to look whiteish in color, like his color is fading with real small white dots, it's not ick, he still eat's good, but just doesn't look healthy, I fed him the same trigger food, that the previous owner was feeding, half clam shells, spectra, krill, silverside, frozen brine shrimp, plus I made my own food of uncooked shrimp, crab, mussel, he eats, he's still very thick, but his color is real faded out, not that dark black he had when I got him, water param's are good, white tail looks a little thin, niger trigger looks real good, naso tank looks real good in color, just the clown, any thing would be greartly appreciated,

Stress. It isn't happy. The white dots are the skin itself I believe. When mine does the color thing from dark to light you can see them. Like pores in the skin. I bet if you took 3 of those fish out it would color back up.

You need to implement some greenery into their diet too. I feed mine an 8x7 algae sheet EVERY day. All of my fish are very fat and healthy. My clown trigger goes nuts over the stuff.

I do feed the seaweed sheets, not everyday though, I tried to make it a veriety for them, I'll try feeding them the algea everyday and see how that works, I really don't care for the white tail, maybe I'll get rid of the white tail and the smaller lion, if the algae sheets aren't working, thanks guy's, all try this stuff and see what happens,

Thanks

I found a good supplier on ebay for the algae sheets. I got 100 full size sheets for $25 free shipping. My fish love it. You might step up water changes too.

Rods food works great and some selcon might help. The vitamins help with the color. I soak all my food with it and garlic.

Back