Feeding Flasher Wrasses

CeeGee

I was wondering what you guys are feeding your flashers?

I have had a McCoskers for a little over 5 months and he is kinda skinny. He eats (not as well as my solar wrasse which is a complete pig) fairly well but he just looks a little skinny to me. I would really like to fatten him up.

I basically feed frozen hikari Mysis shrimp (I sometimes put in selcon and vita-chem but not always) and Ocean Nutrition's prime reef. I occasionally feed New life spectrum pellets but not that often as I am afraid of the phosphate content of prepared (flake/pellet) foods.

I have been feeding every other day as I am battling some nutrient problems in my tank but have upped it to two smaller feeding everyday.

Can anyone give me some help as to getting some weight on this guy? My Solar looks really good weight wise and my Royal Gramma looks as thick as a book.

TIA,
C.G.

I feed Rod's food (available from Rod or Premium Aquatics), mysis encriched with garlic or selcon, arctipods. I feed three times daily and have a strong skimmer. A good clean up crew is desirable if you feed frequently.

Man it is crazy. All the people on this board and 1 person has a flasher wrasse and feeds it.

cmon people tell me how you are providing for your flashers.

I feed my spectrum a few times a day. As long as the food doesnt lay on the bottom Phosphates shouldnt be a problem with it. all 3 of my wrasses love it!!

Actually, I have six flasher wrasses, three different species. In addition to Rod's and arctipods, they will also eat cyclop-eeze and spectrum pellets.

I feed the spectrum pellets and mysis. I think my flasher might have an internal something or another going on. He is really skinny and eats every time I feed. As a matter of fact he is waiting at the waters surface to get first dibs.

CeeCee, my McCosker is very fat and i feed only spectrum pellets and mysis, either soaked in selcon or vitachem. Occasionally i give the tank cyclopeeze. Maybe something wrong with your Flasher? :(

I feed every night when i get home from work about 3 small servings before i got to bed. I like to watch my wrasses eat. Good luck!

going to try and get him out of the tank tomorrow and treat him with maracyn 1 and 2 then prazi-pro and feed the crap out of him.

I would really hate to lose this fish. He is so cool. I am crossing my fingers.

trio mccoskers, fed everyday. although i can't tell you how skinny they are as im 5000 miles away. But i hear they are doing well :)

I have a trio of flasher wrasses (blue) and they eat anything I give them... NLS once a day (though not much), Hikari mysis, Hikari brine (rarely), Hikari plankton and Hikari bloodworm.

I am going to start feeding live baby brine shrimp in a couple of dyas and cyclopeze once IO get a few more corals in the tank.

Mine ar e gluttons...... the smaller one is a bit skinnier than the other two.

Back