Feels like a whole new tank!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10429861#post10429861 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lazaro torres
what's up triggerfish1976, I love your tank and the room it has, I'm looking to purchase soon a 600 gal size and was wondering were and is it glass , acrylic , and were do you think is the best place to look for this ? . thanks.

Thanks. It is 1" polycast acrylic all the way around (top, bottom, sides) with an external overflow box. Since I planned on put waveboxes in the tank I didn't want any overflows inside the tank to obstruct the frequency of the wave.
Unfortunetly I can't say where the tank came from as I wouldn't want to violate RC posting rules.

FINALLY !
looks great ! do you need some more things to fill in the gaps ?
i'm heading for a big change in my tank so everything is going !
i'm sure i will see you today .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10431505#post10431505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefrubble
gwaco , your not leaving the hobby , are you ? Ted
no , not at all ted . i've just been considering doing something different with the tank and the sps and fish don't fit in.
i'll keep you updated , its just something i had been wanting to do before i got caught up in all the sps stuff .

your not aloud to tell me were you got it , price,etc. I've probably posted things and said things that I wasn't supposed to, oooopppppsss.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10431557#post10431557 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lazaro torres
your not aloud to tell me were you got it , price,etc. I've probably posted things and said things that I wasn't supposed to, oooopppppsss.
hopefully trig won't be mad , but i can tell you its acrylic and that his job gives him access to all the plastics he wants , and he had his buddy get the tank built for him . so although i can't tell you what he paid over all , it was way less than what you or i could dream of .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10431587#post10431587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gwaco
hopefully trig won't be mad , but i can tell you its acrylic and that his job gives him access to all the plastics he wants , and he had his buddy get the tank built for him . so although i can't tell you what he paid over all , it was way less than what you or i could dream of .

Thanks Gary and BTW I am not mad.:lol:. That is pretty much the jist of it. I am mainly hush hush about the tank because I am affiliated with the actual builder and they are a local hobby based business so I don't want to act like a shill and violate site rules but mentioning their name. I hope you understand Laz.

As far as the school of purple tangs I think I got lucky with this because I know others who have tried and the fish constantly pick at each other all day long. I have seen zero signs of agression from the group and they even tighten up their ranks when the sohal gets a little rowdy towards one of them. It seems to work as a deterant because the sohal swims away when they bunch togther and doesn't bother until the break ranks.

Back