Female clown acting strange

Joypaws83

Yesterday my female clown started acting really strange. She just sits on the bottom of the sand staring at the corner of the tank then goes back to her usual stirring up the sand routine. She normally swims around with the male on the right side of the tank, but lately just rests at the bottom. She eats normally and gets excited when I come near the tank. Is this normal clown behavior or could it be something else?

I'm more of a coral/invert person, but IME, clowns can be weird. Let's see what @leebca and @Dr. Reef think.
That’s what I keep reading. The pair I had the first time I was in the hobby never did this so I wasn’t sure what to think. Her stirring up the sand doesn’t worry me as much as her resting on it, she almost looks like she’s zoning out. It’s bizarre. She snaps out of it when you walk by or feed

That’s what I keep reading. The pair I had the first time I was in the hobby never did this so I wasn’t sure what to think. Her stirring up the sand doesn’t worry me as much as her resting on it, she almost looks like she’s zoning out. It’s bizarre. She snaps out of it when you walk by or feed
Since I added an LTA to my tank, my female Clarkii spends 90% of her time just laying on top of the anemone :ROFLMAO:

Since I added an LTA to my tank, my female Clarkii spends 90% of her time just laying on top of the anemone :ROFLMAO:
Other than her odd behavior, she’s completely healthy looking. Maybe she just got weird on me and this is her new normal 🤷🏼‍♀️

Update: I’ve learned my female is just extremely weird and pretty sure she has hosted in the sand near the area her and mate hangs out. I still love her and all her weirdness even though she almost threw me into a panic attack 😆

Update: I’ve learned my female is just extremely weird and pretty sure she has hosted in the sand near the area her and mate hangs out. I still love her and all her weirdness even though she almost threw me into a panic attack 😆
😂👍

Clownfish may do so when feeling stressed. If they are still eating normally and have no strange signs of health, then you do not need to worry, they are still fine and have no abnormal signs. Watch more if they show signs of conflict with their tank mates to help them solve and protect them.

Clownfish may do so when feeling stressed. If they are still eating normally and have no strange signs of health, then you do not need to worry, they are still fine and have no abnormal signs. Watch more if they show signs of conflict with their tank mates to help them solve and protect them.
She’s doing great, just a weirdo 🤪

Back