Fiji lodgings/destinations?

Silly clownfish

We are thinking of an anniversary trip in March, and after multiple trips around the Caribbean and Hawaii are thinking of someplace different and special. We have been looking at Fiji or maybe Tahiti, but are not very confident in the info we are finding. We tyically stay in B&Bs or in BVI weeklong sailboat rentals. We snorkel, but don't dive.

It seems like what we are finding is either fancy resorts or hostels. We definitely don't want a hostel, but don't want to end up in a resort where we need to eat every meal there and plan every activity through them. All-inclusive =no choices and generic. We are not cruise ship people either.

We are thinking Taveuni and one other island.

Any suggestions, advice, etc?

Thanks,
Kim

I’d suggest Taveuni or the Yasawas. Most places I had found were all resorts with only onsite dining options. There are not many options that we found to be able to get out and explore.

We stayed on Navini Island for our honeymoon. There were 6-14 of us on the island at any given time. They had daily included adventures

We were on STJ last year and went to the BVI’s. I had more fun there in my opinion

I would also recommend Taveuni. We went there last year for our 10 year anniversary and the diving in the Somosomo Strait is world class. We stayed just across the strait on Vanua Levu, but if I went again I'd stay on Taveuni. You have a lot more options and it's much more populated.

Take a look see at the Solomon Islands. I know everyone says it but it has the best diving I've ever had. It's cheap and only a short flight from Fiji.
picture.php
[/IMG]

I dove Kadavu years ago. Fiji definitely has some excellent diving. As I'm you already know, you're going to need to take another flight from the main island to the better diving locations. My brother visited Tahiti last year and liked it a lot, especially for snorkeling. Lodging tends to be expensive. Both Fiji and Tahiti have non stop flights from Los Angeles, which if you're coming from the East Coast is a plus.

Back