Fiji Under Sea-Hotel The Burning Questions Answered.

asonitez

Floodicus Maximus Flooris
If you have not ready anotehr post Titled Undersea Hotel Opens in 2009 then you should visit this link.

http://www.poseidonresorts.com/

Well A previous poster posted this message and after submitting a request to be on the List as "George Clooney" from GCloon_2008@gmail.com I apparently got a lot of e-mail from them. Mostly about arriving by boat and things of that nature.

However I had some Burning Questions.... What are yours?

1. How big is their protein skimmer?
2. For 15K a Person Can I collect my own live rock and corals?
3. Refugium?
4. What are they dosing?
5. What do they plan to do about Hair Algae?

:)

if the windows are made of acrylic and.... acrylic likes to attract coraline.. then ummm .... ya aren't those windows gonan be covered up in a few weeks?

*btw what are they using for water movement? i don't know any wavemakers or tunze or seio's that big..

surely my MaxiJet Mod Sureflow 1600 won't work.

You can get a mag float to clean your windows while you're there, but it costs $7,000 extra.

I thought this looked awesome when I first saw it, but for $30,000 I could build a fish tank with a bubble in middle of the bottom I could sit in every day.

I think it would be an awesome place to stay. I thought about the window cleaning part as well, seems like they'd have to have divers in their daily to clean it. Wouldn't that be a shock, you are in the room ahem, cough... doing the ole lady when a diver swims up to clean the glass LOL
C

Wow, it actually looks like it sucks. The $15 000 goes towards a seven-day trip, yes, but that's only 2 nights underwater and 4 nights "in a luxury beach or over-water villa".

What a rip off, I'm sorry.

i wonder how the shade created by this thing is going to affect the natural life? what about pollution. surley that thing cant be 100% toxin free?
i wonder if environmentally friendly design was in thier plans? and if so, who they consulted with on matters of environmental impact?
that place seems soooo cool, i admit. but nothing that cool comes without some adverse cost, does it? i sound like a tree hugger, but honestly, i just wish i could afford a month under the sea! ;)

The problem isn't going to be with the hotel damaging the reef, it's going to be with the reef damaging the hotel. They will never be able to keep the windows clean. They obviously didn't consult with a marine biologist before they built that place.

Back