Filefish not eating aiptasia

lauremf2002

Am I just being impatient? I have had him a week now and he hasnt touched the stuff. I fed frozen food Tues and he ate that but I have been feeding pellets since then and hes not fast enough to get those so I know he must be hungry. So far, I have seen him try to eat my spaghetti worms and mini brittle stars but no aiptasia. I would rather he stayed away from my worms and stars actually...

I noticed that my filefish ate the smaller, pencil eraser sized aptasia's before the larger ones.
Also, if you're supplementing his food, he may not be all that hungry. That being said, I feed my tank every single night, and the filefish still ate all my aptasia.
Some may just be better at it than others I guess, but I bet if you give him some time, your aptasia will disappear.

mine didn't touch a single one for weeks, then I noticed all the really smalls ones disappearing, then the larger ones started to lose their tentacles, now, no more aptaisia

How is the filefish doing? It took mine a few weeks but after that he was murdering them left and right and even decided to take out my purple deaths!!!! So i moved him to another tank which he is doing great and eats flakes and Rod's food! :)

Steffen Sparks

he is not doing well at all. He is super skinny and yesterday I found him stuck to the power head. I poked him and he swam off. I fed some marine cuisine and we wouldn't even eat that. I dont know what to do.

Lauren,

Mine has not eaten any either..... He snagged 1 the first 3 minutes in the tank and I have not seen him eat another...... They are all still there.

However I do see him grazing on some pods every now and then. I have some the size of pencil erasers in my tank.

I had two. Lost one when they starting showing aggression at eachother, lost the more picky eater of the two.

The other one I've got is a monster. He has doubled in size and will eat Nori, brine, aptasia, flake food.

I've also seen him taste test duncans and the polyps of toadstools, but he doesn't seem to harass them much.

I guess I got lucky. My filefish that I got at CRASE has eaten all of my aptasia, eats whatever I feed the tank with that night like a champ, and I haven't seen him even taste anything else.
I got a couple of new rocks last weekend that had a bit of aptasia on them. Gone now.

I'm on my second filefish, and neither has lived up to their names. I just got my second one last week, and hasn't touched a single one. I would put in peppermints, but my fire shrimp doesn't seem to care for them too much. Aiptasia X is the only thing working so far.:debi:

Back