Filter Socks group buy

Reefugee

Hello All -

I need to order some filter socks for my tank. As some of you recall - the last time I did a group buy on filter socks, they were 4" x 14" 100 microns with the plastic rings. This time, I am thinking about purchasing filter socks with 7" x 16" 200 microns with plastic rings. The material will be polypropylene.

If you want to see the exact specs on the filter socks, you can check them out at www.filterbags.com . The part number is PO200G1POSS. The price per sock is listed at $3.15 . Last time, I had to purchase in a preset lot (30 bags?) otherwise they tack on an extra handling fee. Add in shipping and tax, you're probably looking at $4 - $5 per sock.

In order to gauge the interest level of this group purchase, please let me know how many you think you would be interested in purchasing. Like last time, I am simply doing a first come first server bases. Sorry - I want to get some and unload them ASAP - none of this please hold them for me, I promise I will buy them at next meeting, and then the person never shows up. :lol: (ok - there are a few people on this list who have been pretty reliable, so PM me if you want me to hold them for you.)

I plan on placing the purchase on Monday to ensure that they arrive by Friday.

Minh

Anthony - I am sure it will be more that $3.15 because of tax and shipping. With tax - it'll probably be about $3.40. I would estimate that it will be around $4 - $5 each. I will call Monday morning to get a more accurate pricing.

Ridecare - I am not interested in purchasing them and holding onto them until the next NVR meeting. Sorry.

Hey Rich,

You are right, I did order them from filterbag.com last time. I just thought they had redesigned their website - but I was wrong. It turns out that the new place does not have a minimum order. However, if you order in quantity, you do get a discount. 25-99 bags, there is a 30% discount. 100+ bags, there is a 45% discount.

So far, I have 26 bags that people want to buy. I think I might get 10 for myself. It's really nice to only have to wash the bags once every couple of weeks.

Minh

25-99 of the same catalog # ?
Are you still going with the 200u bags or 100? Whatever you get, put me down for 4 instead of 2.
Thx,

Minh, Put us down for 10 also pls :) If you get close enough to go to the next pricing tier, you can bump us to 15 if it will help :)

Tom - are you going to be at the next MARS meeting? I want to order these socks and sell them immediately. I don't really want to end up storing a bunch of these at my house.

James - I am not sure what you mean by soft ones vs "plastic" ones. My guess is that these are more "plastic" than soft. It is a polypropylene felt. It's not soft like a t-shirt. This is only a guess since I have never ordered from this place before.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6936612#post6936612 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thereefgeek
Do you know if these are the stiff bags or the soft ones like Dr Le sells?

Oh there's a difference! Polypro felt sre the soft (flexable) ones. Me thinks the polyester (recycled milk jugs) ones are the stiffies :lol:

Hi Minh,
Please put me down for ten. I won't be at the meeting this friday but I can pick it up at UCD (your office) this friday noon luch time.
Thank you

Tony

Hello Everyone,

I have tried three times to place a call with this place this morning. All calls have been unsuccessful so far. They ship out from Michagan City, Indiana. So there's a pretty strong possibilty that it won't arrive in time for Friday's meeting. We might have to wait till the next MARS meeting (which will be in May) or for the WMC (which is in April). If I can't order it today - then I am just going to wait.

Minh

Back